“Cummings”, (who may have been Phoebe Cummings) was the first owner here in 1787. The name on the title was shown as Pheby Cummings in 1800 and as Phoebe Cummings in 1804. Next owners in 1804 were John Pearson and Elizabeth Pearson who lived here when the present dwelling was erected, circa 1818. In 1830 Elizabeth Pearson conveyed the title to Lot 30 to Stafford H. Parker. John Pearson died in 1837. William P. Owens, a carpenter, owned Lot 30 from 1854 – 1909.
–About Courtesy of “Hidden Village: Port Royal, Virginia 1744 – 1981″ by Ralph Emmett Fall